Accredited by MHFA England in the Adult: 2 day, 1 day and half-day courses. Learning takes place through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions. What you learn depends on the length of the course.
“Reducing stress and mental ill-health in the workplace improves organisational health, the health of individual employees and the financial bottom line.”
Two Day – Mental Health First Aiders
A practical skills awareness course designed to give you:
- A deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect people’s wellbeing, including your own
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgement listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support
One day – MHFA Champions
An awareness and skills course which will teach you to:
- Recognise the main signs and symptoms of common mental health issues
- Provide initial support
- Guide a person towards appropriate professional support
- Be mindful of your own wellbeing
- Develop an understanding of how you can create and maintain a healthier workforce or community
Half-day – MHFA Aware
An introductory course which is a great first step in leading a culture change around discussing mental health within an organisation. The course is designed to increase mental health awareness and give an understanding of how to look after wellbeing and challenge stigma.
For more information or to find out which courses would be the right ones for you or your organisation please get in touch.